- Monday -English lessons for speakers of other languages – 12- 2with Shelagh, 1 – 3 with Christine. Free. Ring first to book.
- Monday Drop in homework club 4 – 5
- Tuesday 10-11 baby bounce/ rhyme time. Singing and nursery rhymes for under fives, with Alison or Olivia. 50p admin charge
- From 21st April Children’s Creative Book Club 3.30 -5pm. age 5-11years (registration only cost £3.00)
- Thursday – Move to the Music with Lyn and Nevin of StagesUK. Two sessions – 10 -10.45 and 11 – 11.45. .£1.50 babies, £2.50 toddlers to age 5
- Thursday Children’s Crafts with Simone 4 – 5pm
- Saturday – join our friendly knitters, led by Wendy. 10-12,
- Monday and Wednesday – Bridge Club – no beginners, 6.45 -10pm, membership fee
- Monday, Tuesday and occasional Thursdays 10 -3 One to one IT training
- Tuesday – Seated exercise 11-12
- Wednesday – Parent support group counselling service, appointments only, 4.30 -8.30.
Free. Ring library on 020-8778-1753 and leave a message for Ann
Thursday – Make and Mend – Gina’s sewing class, 1.45 – 3
MONTHLY OR MORE OFTEN
- First Saturday – Councillors’ surgery 10.30 – 11.30
- Last Monday “Hear to help” walk in hearing aid clinic 10 – 12.30 . Free
- First Tuesday 6 – 7.Adults reading group – read and discuss books provided by the library
- Second and fourth Tuesdays, 2 – 4, The league of Gentlemen – for men only
- Third Tuesday tea part for seniors – 12.15 – 1.30 on special occasions only
- General help with CVs and issues of concern, advice by appointment only
- ECO Courses – Employability and one off courses in First Aid and Health and Safety
- Lewisham Homes job finding advice session for Lewisham Homes tenants only
Join Stages UK for an on the Reading Challenge theme of
Thursday 30th July 2pm – 3.30pm
at Sydenham Community Library
210 Sydenham Road, SE26 5SE
The event is free and is suitable for ages 5-11 years
Children under 8 years should be accompanied by an adult
Ilse Jane Towler
Meeting of the Friends of Sydenham Community Library – Tuesday 10th February, 7 -9 at the Library.
Continue reading Meeting of the Friends of Sydenham Community Library – Tuesday 10th February, 7 -9 at the Library.
Friends of Home Park ; Sydenham Arts; Friends of Sydenahm Community Library and Stickbeak Productions are proud to present the Grand Opening of Library Piazza at Home Park/Sydenham Community Librar Saturday 6th December 3.30 to 6PM
Continue reading NEW! Library Piazza GRAND OPENING
first, the good news – yesterday evening Bellingham Assembly voted us £450 to pay for Jimmy’s music for the under fives to remain free to participants. We owe them a big thank you We hope that Sydenham Assembly may do the same, so we can fund him till July 2014. Sydenham Assembly is on Saturday 30th November, at 11am, at The Sydenham Catholic club, Watlington Grove, SE26 5RR. Please try to be there to vote for us.
Next, we are having a book and plant fair, this coming Saturday, the 16th November, from 10am till 4. If you’d like to donate plants, please bring them, and ideally come and buy some more. We will be sorting books, with the aid of tea and cakes, on Friday 15th between 11 and 5, so if you could turn up and help for a short while between these times, it would be grand. We will be using the staff entrance so ring the bell there.
We have a visit from a South African author, Nomanono iIsaacs, who will talk about her book “Escaping apartheid: a letter to my mother” on Thursday November 21st from 7pm-8.30pm. Refreshments provided. Please think of coming.
Finally we have a meeting of the Friends of Sydenham Library on Tuesday the 26th of November. If you have any items you would like to see on the agenda, please send thm to me by Monday 25th November,
Date: Monday 11 November 2013
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Where: Bellingham Gateway Youth and Community Centre
185 Brookehowse Road
Bellingham SE6 3TT
Follow them on Twitter: @BellinghamSE
A talk by Steve Grindlay
Thursday 16th May 6.30 for 7pm
At Sydenham Community Library, 210 Sydenham Road, SE26 5SE tel:020-8778-1753 (next to Home Park)
Buses 194, 202, 356 and 450 pass the library
Please join us from 6.30 for refreshments, to talk about your memories of Sydenham and the library, and to hear about our local history research plans. The talk will be followed by a chat and memory sharing which will finish at 8.30pm.