we have launched the campaign to save the library in Sydenham which is threatened with closure. This is a well loved and valuable local resource. We believe it deserves to stay open to continue to serve the local community as it has since 1904.
Why is closure proposed?
• The Government says Lewisham Council must cut £60million from its budget over the next 3 years.
• One of Lewisham’s proposals is to close 5 local libraries, including Sydenham.
• The 5 libraries have been targeted because the buildings are in a poor condition and the Council can cut staff.
• Library cuts would save the Council £850,000.
Have your say!
• Sydenham Library is situated on the border of three local wards: Sydenham, Bellingham and Perry Vale. Have your say by attending the following Assembly meetings:
• Sydenham Asssembly: Saturday, 11 September at the Grove Centre, Jews Walk, SE26, 11-1pm.
• Perry Vale Assembly: Saturday, 18 September, at Rockbourne Youth Club, 41a Rockbourne Road, SE23 11-1 pm.
• Local meeting – details to come!!
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION
You can follow us on Twitter here: twitter.com/sydenhamibrary
Is you make any comments, please do so on the petition above (or both!).
Thankyou. Remember, if they shut the library, it’s gone. Forever.