- Monday -English lessons for speakers of other languages – 10 – 3 with Christine. Free. Ring first to book.
- Tuesday 10-11 baby bounce/ rhyme time. Singing and nursery rhymes for under fives, with Alison 50p admin charge
- Children’s Creative Book Club 3.30 -5pm. age 5-11years (registration only cost £3.00)
- Thursday – Rhyme Time with Cat Bateman and her guitar – “Little folks nursery rhymes” 11.45 -12.15. £1.50 babies, £2.50 toddlers
- Saturday – join our friendly knitters, led by Wendy. 10-12,
- Monday and Wednesday – Bridge Club – no beginners, 6.45 -10pm, membership fee
- Monday, Tuesday, occasional Thursdays 10 -3, plus Saturday morning. One to one IT training. Ring the library to book (don’t ring Wednesday, Friday or Sunday – we’re closed then)
- Tuesday – Seated exercise 11-12 Includes strength, balance, stretch and relaxation. £1 per session. Instructor Tonia.
- Wednesday – Parent support group counselling service, appointments only, 4.30 -8.30.
Free. Ring library on 020-8778-1753 and leave a message for Ann
MONTHLY OR MORE OFTEN
- First Saturday – Councillors’ surgery 10.30 – 11.30
- Second and last Monday “Hear to help” walk in hearing aid clinic 10 – 12.30 . Free
- First Tuesday 6 – 7.Adults reading group – read and discuss books provided by the library
- General help with CVs and issues of concern, advice by appointment only
- ECO Courses – Employability and one off courses in First Aid and Health and Safety
Friends of Home Park ; Sydenham Arts; Friends of Sydenahm Community Library and Stickbeak Productions are proud to present the Grand Opening of Library Piazza at Home Park/Sydenham Community Librar Saturday 6th December 3.30 to 6PM
first, the good news – yesterday evening Bellingham Assembly voted us £450 to pay for Jimmy’s music for the under fives to remain free to participants. We owe them a big thank you We hope that Sydenham Assembly may do the same, so we can fund him till July 2014. Sydenham Assembly is on Saturday 30th November, at 11am, at The Sydenham Catholic club, Watlington Grove, SE26 5RR. Please try to be there to vote for us.
Next, we are having a book and plant fair, this coming Saturday, the 16th November, from 10am till 4. If you’d like to donate plants, please bring them, and ideally come and buy some more. We will be sorting books, with the aid of tea and cakes, on Friday 15th between 11 and 5, so if you could turn up and help for a short while between these times, it would be grand. We will be using the staff entrance so ring the bell there.
We have a visit from a South African author, Nomanono iIsaacs, who will talk about her book “Escaping apartheid: a letter to my mother” on Thursday November 21st from 7pm-8.30pm. Refreshments provided. Please think of coming.
Finally we have a meeting of the Friends of Sydenham Library on Tuesday the 26th of November. If you have any items you would like to see on the agenda, please send thm to me by Monday 25th November,
A talk by Steve Grindlay
Thursday 16th May 6.30 for 7pm
At Sydenham Community Library, 210 Sydenham Road, SE26 5SE tel:020-8778-1753 (next to Home Park)
Buses 194, 202, 356 and 450 pass the library
Please join us from 6.30 for refreshments, to talk about your memories of Sydenham and the library, and to hear about our local history research plans. The talk will be followed by a chat and memory sharing which will finish at 8.30pm.